Dr. Artamonov: Intraosseous Ozone Injections (Saturday, April 8th)
The Intraosseous Therapy (OIT) method including injections and infusions method has been successful in the treatment of different pain syndromes and beyond. An intraosseous blockade is a highly effective way to treat pain and associated sensory, motor, spastic, vascular, and other disorders by injecting a drug solution into the bone tissue.
INTRAOSSEOUS OZONE THERAPY (IOT) WORKSHOP
The First in the USA workshop on the new and exciting field of medicine – Intraosseous Therapy taught by the President of World Congress of Intraosseous Therapy, Dr. Mikhail Artamonov, MD, PhD.
Besides scientific basis and theories behind the Interosseous Therapy, different clinical protocols and scenarios will be presented. The audience should be able to start applying this unique method in the practice after specialized training.
The Intraosseous Therapy (OIT) method including injections and infusions method has been successful in the treatment of different pain syndromes and beyond. Intraosseous blockade is a highly effective way to treat pain and associated sensory, motor, spastic, vascular and other disorders by injecting a drug solution into the bone tissue.
The application of IOT is based on the concept of osteogenic etiology, explaining the mechanisms of pain syndromes in many neurological and orthopedic diseases. Thus, by using IOT it is possible to reduce the intraosseous pressure and bone marrow edema, which in turn should lead to a regression in the clinical symptoms and morphological changes. IOT helps heal and nourish the degenerative cartilage from the bone and joint inside out. It is more advanced non-surgical regenerative option, and a more natural way to nourish and heal degenerated joints.
Basic IOT techniques does not require navigation equipment and the risk of complications and side effects is minimized. No sedation is required, can be done in office setting - your patients will be able to return home the same day after receiving these injections. By the end of the workshop participants should be able to perform basic IO injections and access IO compartment via iliac spine, scapula bone and spinous processes. More advanced IOT techniques, additional indications, and protocols for wide variety of diseases including Parkinson, Alzheimer’s’, post-stroke recovery and other will be discussed.
Theoretical part – 2 hours
- Introduction: 15 min
- History: 30 min
- Anatomy and Physiology of Bone Tissue: 30 min
- Current applications of Intraosseous Therapy in conventional healthcare: 15 min
- Current applications of Intraosseous Therapy in integrative healthcare: 15 min
- Possible directions of future applications: 15 min
Practical part – 4 hours
- Basic Skills: 15 min
- Basic Tools and Setup: 15 min
- Indications and Contraindications: 15 min
- Role of Navigation: Guided vs Blinded techniques: 15 min
- Demonstration and Practice: 2 hours
- Iliac bone access technique
- Vertebral access techniques
- Extremities access technique
- Additional techniques: Spinal Dialysis™, Segmental Spinal Therapy End Plate™, Intraosseous Photodynamic Therapy™, Intraosseous PRP
- Q&A Part – 1 hour